FootJoy’s famous reputation for fit and comfort has been proven through many years of meticulous craftsmanship and strict standards.
In an effort to offer the best possible fit, please consider the following tips:
Determine your size and width using a Brannock Device®. The Brannock Device has been the shoe fitting standard for over 70 years. This device measures heel to toe length, arch length, and width. It is best to have a shop assissistant help you with the measurement.
Look at the general shape of your foot. The Brannock Device helps you measure the length and width of your foot, however, it does not measure volume.
Selecting the appropriate last to match your unique fit characteristics can help address the question of volume.
- A full foot requires a wider/ fuller last
- A narrow foot requires a sleeker/ narrower last
- Check the break of the leather. Too much breaking or bunching of the leather in the forefoot is a sign that your foot is not filling the volume of the shoe and that the shoe may be too wide.
- Ensure that the laces are adequately comfortable on both shoes. The proper lacing is demonstrated when the top eyelets are approximately 5/8” apart.
- If the top eyelets touch, then the shoe may be too wide.
- If the top eyelets are more than 5/8” apart, the shoe may be too narrow.
- Check for slippage. Slipping in the heel or movement in the forefoot may indicate an incorrect size. Walk through the shop, testing your shoes for comfort. Size and Width Offerings: The fact is that feet come in many different shapes and sizes. FootJoy has always been known for its vast size and width offerings. This year alone, we will offer over 10,000 individual SKUs. For the men we offer sizes ranging from 7-16 and widths from Narrow (N) to Extra Wide (XW). For the women we will offer sizes from 5-12 and widths from Narrow (N) to Wide (W). FootJoy Last Library: Not all shoes are created equal. The shape of the shoe depends on the characteristics of the Last. The LAST, originally made of wood and now made of composite plastics, is the form of the foot around which the shoe is shaped. Last characteristics vary based on the goals of the shoe’s fit and appearance. FootJoy offers a variety of lasts for men and women in golf shoes. When considering a shoe, consider the characteristics of the Last.